Sunday, March 8, 2009

Crazy hair and all...


'Creative Crop' is the theme for this weeks 'I heart faces' contest, check out all of the fun pictures, it's a great way to start out the week!

Each week I have a great time looking back through old pics trying to choose a photo for the I Heart Faces theme, this week was no exception!
I chose this particular picture because it is special to me for many reasons. It was taken last August and it was one of our last nights in Florida, before we moved to CO. We are very much a beach family, and any free moment was usually spent at the ocean. This evening, Nong Ex (my six year old) and his best buddy, William, were having a ball jumping off the pier at the Boynton Beach Inlet. Miss Wee, not to be left out, or out done, by the boys, decided she wanted to go too, so in her Papa's arms (and little Mermaid underwear) they jumped together! She loved it! This picture was taken as she headed back down the pier on her adored Aunty Maggie's shoulders. Aunty Maggie's eyes are almost closed and the picture is kind of dark. So I chose this picture to crop of little Miss Wee~Wee, because I just love her wild hair and her face covered in sand from a late evening at the beach.

Crazy hair and all, she is free-spirited and beautiful!


Original photo

19 comments:

  1. That is awesome!! I never would have guessed that so much was going on in the sooc pic from the cropped version... that is a wonderful crop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very clever - and I love the way you have lightened the sky behind her - LOVELY crop! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only a great crop but lovely editing too. This picture makes me smile. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great crop and editing! She is a doll and I just love that hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the crazy hair! Very nice crop :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that a great crop and the color enhancement makes the picture pop all the more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' that hair! That sky is such a great background for it too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great picture and I loved the way you cropped it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is an AMAZING crop! I love this week's theme; I am learning so much from visiting sites like yours! That hair is too cute.. what a precious girl. And the sunset pictures before this post? oh my word.... are you lucky to be in the middle of that or what? We don't get sunsets like that here in Georgia...

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Beautiful cropping AND enhancements! You totally saved this photo! (I really need to take a photography class!)

    Here's my contribution to this month's theme: "Creative Crop"

    Donna
    Our Blog: Double Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - great job on fixing and cropping your picture - turned out great! :-) I love that hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing, I love it. Great eye on seeing that. I am learning so much..

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a save! You really did a great job cropping and editing your photo.

    ~Angie
    co-founder of I ♥ Faces

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Guys! Thank you so much, Y'all are WAY too kind! The only thing I know how to do with photoshop is 'crop'! (lucky me this week)! For the rest of the editing I just use iphoto (easy-peasy)! personally I think it is all to do with my sweet and crazy little Wee~Wee! She makes it easy for me! Thank so much for the nice comments though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cutie pie! Best crop job I've seen so far!

    ReplyDelete