Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Messy melons!

O.K... So, My latest web preoccupation is I Heart Faces! In just two weeks I have gone from never before hearing of this awesome(ly) (addicting) blog, to a complete and utter junkie! I now find myself taking *many* quick 'breaks' during the day; whether it be in-between laundry, waiting for my little one to go potty, last thing before bed, first thing before anyone is up in the morning, and so forth...just to look at photo's! These are pictures of people I don't know and have never met, and yet we (picture takers) all have at least one thing in common...the love of photo's.
To be a little more specific, I Heart Faces, is a photo blog of... well, yes, Faces! But these are great pictures and moments captured of kids and grown-up's, that are too irresistible to be ignored! The photo's are inspiring and compelling, alluring and enchanting, charming, adorable, delightful and yes, as I already said...irresistible! I am hooked, but truly what better way to spend a little 'me' time, than captivated by an unknown face, captured in a snap by someone to whom that moment has significance and meaning. That 'me' moment is free of daily stresses, and allows me to forget the chores on my plate for a few minutes or two, I heart Faces is my daily therapy without having to pay the hefty price of a therapist! Thanks I Heart faces!!!
I encorage you photo lovers to check out http://www.iheartfaces.blogspot.com/ ...but only at your own risk ;)


The theme for this weeks contest is 'Messy'.
Last week was my first time entering and I LOVED going back through old photo's to find an entry. In the kids contest I entered one of my little Wee~Wee, so keeping it fair I decided that this weeks entry should be one of my little guy Ex, (not so little anymore...he will be 7 in less than four weeks now).
This proved to be tough though. Ever since he was a baby, he has never liked getting dirty! For a long time he would not walk on the sand (and we lived in Florida), because he didn't like getting it stuck in his toes! He never liked to have his hands dirty and was fussy, fussy about mess! However as the years have gone on, he has had some messy moments and they don't bother him anymore, in fact just yesterday he came home from school wearing what looked like a tie-dye shirt after a bottle of black paint exploded on him in art class! He thought he looked cool!!! What???!!
My little girl on the other hand is a different story. She is IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean, and finds the most delight painting on herself, running through muddle puddles and rolling in sand until it is stuck up her nose! So, yes, she is an easy subject to choose from when it comes to messy! Had I had been forward thinking enough, last week I would have checked out this week's theme, and had Ex as my Black and White entry and saved 'messy' for little Miss Wee! But, I am going to stick with my path and stop rambling...which brings me to this photo...

This is one of the rare messy moments in little Ex's life, he had just turned two and LOVED watermelon. I have cropped and tilted the photo, but in full it shows his Papa's big hands holding three finished slices of watermelon, as Ex works on his fourth slice! He sure was loving that Watery juice, so much so, that he forgot how sticky and soggy he was!

5 comments:

  1. OMGosh, how utterly adorable is he?? LOVE that! What a dollface!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the watermelon is an extension of the smile on his face. So cute! Summer can't get here fast enough after seeing this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh adorable!
    This makes me want summer so bad...watermelon and hot sun seem to go together so well!
    Great picture!

    ReplyDelete